The first court of Calanthe in the great state of Florida was organized in 1887 (Alpha Court #1) by Sir D.M. Pappy with sister E.G. Payne as worthy counselor. Currently, we have 32 courts existing in the state of Florida. Calanthes were created primarily to be helpmates to our Pythian brothers. In so doing we should:
Practice & promote charity, purity, fidelity, harmony, and love,
Be in good fellowship with our Pythian brothers
Do volunteer work
Donate funds to charitable groups
The adopted charity of the court of calanthe is the Sickle Cell Foundation. However, we have added recently as a joint effort with our Pythian brothers “A Community Involvement with Habitat for Humanity”.